Wednesday, December 30, 2009

a very merry Christmas


Gordon found out that when you make lists of things you want for Christmas you actually get those things and almost nothing else (he was so happy to only get one article of clothing…I love buying him clothes so I was not so happy). All he wanted this Christmas was tools. Tools for fixing and perfecting. Tools that will mainly be used on this.




  Wait...only one shoe?




 My cleaver husband thought it would be funny 
to wrap my shoes separately...yep, funny.


I have never purchased a tool before. He must have known this because his Christmas list was detailed with web links of each item so I would know exactly what to buy. I took that list with me to the tool store and gave it to one of the workers there and they did all my searching for me. Happily I can say he got just about everything on that list (thanks to family for helping me with that). And what he didn’t get he can buy with the extra cash he inherited on Christmas.

It was so important to me that Gordon have a wonderful Christmas. This may come as a shock (or may not) but I tend to be a bit selfish. I am spoiled (and my husband contributes to that). I usually always get what I ask for (and more). Gordon usually doesn’t ask for things. He’ll give me a few ideas and then I get to rack my brain for more ideas. He usually gets a lot of media and clothes. Not that he doesn’t like those things. But this Christmas was different. And he was so thankful for everything he was given. He kept saying that I gave him more than he gave me. It’s usually the other way around. I really like that he said that.

Our Christmas was full of the family chaos that we love. Our Christmas together, then Petersen family Christmas breakfast (which is oh so delicious, thanks LeeAnn), then my Mom’s, Aunt Lyda’s to visit Grandma B., back to my Mom’s for a Christmas with my siblings, then to my Dad’s for more Christmas, then back to my in laws to see Grandpa and Grandpa H., and celebrate Christmas with Gordon’s siblings. From 8am-10pm we were up and going, dogs included in all festivities this year (which was another Christmas present for me, I think).


 I always tell Gordon I would help him shovel, 
if only we had two...
now we do.  Thanks Santa!

 Briggs did NOT like this toy car.
It invaded his space.

 I may be in this gift bag...

 Yep, I was.
& poor Briggs was so worried about me too...so he joined me.








 Burton family Christmas Eve party
I had to read to a Christmas book to the children
while the kids stockings were being filled 
with lots of fun stuff from all the aunts and cousins.
Such a fun tradition!


 Gordon thought he fit in much better at the
kids table...he's seriously going to make the best dad some day.


 
We love having our families so close and getting to see almost everyone Christmas day.

Christ is the reason for the season and we see and feel this through our family and friends.

Indeed, we had a very merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! Love all the cute pictures :)!