Thursday, December 10, 2009

Good tidings of comfort and joy

I am very fortunate to first- have a job, and second- to have a job that I {for the most part} love. And at this time of year I really love my job.


I get to be the coordinator for a holiday gift drive for senior citizens. When I first put this together last year it was sad to see all the elderly in need, and it was even sadder to see what they were in need of {I’m talking money for groceries, hygiene items, everyday living items, etc}. This year my list of seniors in need doubled. The good news is people want to help. I have received numerous phone calls/emails from people in the community wanting to do whatever they can for these sweet seniors. Some are even taking multiple gift donation requests. And although I’m not the one giving, I feel a bit selfish because I get to see all the happy faces when the gifts are delivered. I get the never ending thank you’s. I get to feel all the warm fuzzys.

There are good things happening in the world. And I’m so blessed to be apart of them.

No comments: