Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hi Darlin' Pie

Gordon and I aren't ones for calling each other by "pet names". Sometimes a 'honey' pops out of my mouth, but for the most part I just call Gordon 'Gordon' (or 'husband') and he does the same, but he calls me 'wife'. You won't hear a 'babe' or 'baby' come out of our mouths (not that there's anything wrong with people that do this...). However, it seems that Gordon has changed this (not the 'babe' or 'baby' part, but the pet name part). For the past couple of years Gordon has jokingly called me 'darlin', 'darlin' pie', 'puddin pie', 'snookums'.

Well guess what? They've stuck.

And although they are still a joke, he says them to me all the time. And you know what? I like 'em. All of them. I like when I call him he answers the phone "Hi darlin' pie". Or when I get home from work and he greets me with a "Hey snookums". And although he says them with a lot of sarcasm, he cannot not use them. Yes, they are still very much a joke, but these are jokes I'm never going to get sick of {and they are the reason our blog is named 'Ok Darlin'}.

I love you husband.


{he's going to kill me for putting this picture of him on our blog...
but I needed a silly picture for a silly post}

4 comments:

Tami said...

I jokingly started calling Nick "smookums" when we got married because I couldn't call him anything else besides an occasional "babe". I don't say it often but I still do sometimes. That's funny that you guys do that too!

Gary and Bree said...

So cute Jessica! I love reading your blog. I call Gary Gare bear which kind of sounds like care bear. It's funny what names you come up with for one another. Gotta love it.

Laura y Adam said...

How cute! I started calling my husband "Honey, and hun" just for fun and now they have stuck...I love it and I know he likes it too. You guys are cute :0)

Michelle said...

How cute :)!