Tuesday, December 15, 2009

If my sore knee and hip (which is a new pain by the way) aren't proof enough...


"Hardcastle" girls
Melanie, Jodi, and Me

Me and Shelli

Jodi, Me, and Shelli

All of us!  Great job ladies!  We did it!

These pictures are worth much more to me than this one...

This year I actually ran, not walked, the Thanksgiving 5 mile race.

Big accomplishment.

And although the miles didn't quite add up to 5 (I'm still upset about it!), my body has changed.  I feel pain.  Pain in my right knee and left hip.  Apparently my body doesn't love running as much as I wish it did.

It really isn't going to love it when I run Ogden's Half Marathon in May.

This 13.1 mile run has been described like this:

The 1/2 Marathon course begins at the last half of the full Marathon at an elevation of 5,000 feet. You will start the 1/2 by running around Pineview Reservoir then drop into Ogden Canyon where you will run along the roaring Ogden River. Breathtaking views of pine covered slopes changing into steep rock faces will be encountered along with quaint homes nestled along the river's edge. Exiting the canyon you run (home? it is so close) onto the Ogden River Parkway for approximately 2 miles which will take you past Dinosaur Park and the Utah State University Botanical Gardens. The course ends downtown on Historic 25th street at an elevation of 4,309 Feet.



I still don't know what I'm getting myself into.  I blame you, Jodi (however, you wouldn't be the best gym partner, and running mate, ever if it wasn't for things like this - so I guess I should say 'thank you'...but right now I'm just going to blame you).

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Way to go! That's awesome you were able to run it :)! Sorry about your knee and hip :(. Good luck with the half marathon! You're crazy girl :)! Wish I was a runner!