Thursday, December 17, 2009

Crossed off and done

I’m a list maker. I make list for everything: shopping, work tasks, events, etc. Some of these lists are itemized in great detail. Others are simpler with one word that sums up what I need or need to do. I like making list (although sometimes they can be very overwhelming). I really like crossing off items from my lists, especially big items such as Christmas shopping and Ward Christmas Party. My stress level decreases and I can see my accomplishments. Our Ward Christmas Party was my favorite to cross off my list this week.


A lot of work goes into these ward activities you know. 5 turkeys, 25 pounds of real mashed potatoes, 15 boxes of Stove Top stuffing, 20 cans of gravy (Stove Top stuffing and canned gravy are not the best I know, but when you’re feeding the masses that doesn’t matter so much), and many side dishes and desserts from ward members…all to feed 97 people (at least that was the count our bishop got; he’s sure he missed a few).
You don’t really get to enjoy these big ward activities when you plan and put them on. I can’t tell you how thankful we are to our wonderful committee who put in a lot of work to help execute this big dinner/activity. We were told many times throughout the evening that it was a success.
We have a small break till our next activity in February. We’ve decided no more big dinners for awhile…like 8 months (which is when our ward campout will be; sadly I’m already thinking about the list I’ll be making for that activity).

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sometimes church callings can be a little overwhelming can't they! You guys do such a good job with your calling though. That's a big party to plan! I heard the food was delicious! You guys always put together such good activities, we were so sad we missed it!