Tuesday, December 15, 2009

They’ve been talking about you…they’re excited you’re coming!

Aren’t those the words every new employee wants to here? Those words sure have made Gordon just as excited as he was on our wedding day (assuming he was as excited as me) to begin his new dream career at a place he has wanted to work at since they relocated their winter and outdoor headquarters in our city (someone asked him how he heard about this job. He said he’s been checking their company’s website for the past 4 years, applying for just about every open position…yes even the vice president position – okay that may have been a small joke, but I want you all to know how badly he has wanted to work for this company). This company, who just happens to be the largest manufacturer of sporting equipment in the world (and sports that Gordon participates in like all mountain sports-both summer and winter, mountain climbing, ski/snowboarding, and cycling to just to name a few), is somewhere we are hoping Gordon will work for a very, very long time.


His work duties will include such things as working with sponsored athletes and pro shops to make sure they get everything they need, process supply orders for all their global brands, and a lot of other things that right now he has no idea that he’ll be doing (he just started working there and is still learning all his duties).

I cannot express how happy I am for him. He has been grinning from ear to ear ever since he accepted the position. Knowing he is happy going to work each day makes me relieved and filled with so much joy and excitement for him. Anyone that knows Gordon knows he’s the perfect person to work for a company like this. I know he is going to knock their socks off with all his mad skills (and all the mad skills he’s going to acquire working there too).

Gordon, I am so proud of you. You have worked so hard to get to this point in your life. All the crummy jobs you’ve had in the past have actually helped you get to this point. Who knew?! I’m excited that I get to be on this eternal journey with you. I’m eager to hear all of your work stories. I’m also eager to watch you grow with this company. I love you so much. Congrats!

*Oh did I mention that over half of this is company is located in Europe. Gordon and I have discussed this matter and are both on board if they need us to relocate. What an adventure!


On his first day Gordon wore a competitors brand jacket to work.
They told him he wasn't allowed to wear it anymore
(which at first he thought they were joking...turns out they were serious).
The next morning there was this brand new jacket hanging on his office chair.
Saweet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is he working?

Bing Math said...

What is the job?

Bing Math said...

What company?