Thursday, December 31, 2009

cry baby

It snowed a lot at our house yesterday.


Well over a foot.

Knowing that the trek to work was going to be a treacherous one, I woke up earlier than usually to make sure I left my house in plenty of time to arrive to work on time (and safely).

I headed out of my neighborhood. I never judge the roads from my neighborhood because they are always much worse than everything else. So I disregarded the slipping and sliding.

I left my house at 7:00am. I arrived back at my house at 7:20am. I couldn’t disregard the fact that I slid down an entire hill (one of the hills not in my neighborhood)! What normally takes me 2 minutes took me twenty and I decided that I really didn’t want to drive 2 hours to get to work, slipping and sliding off the road.

So I called in. And I may have been a blubbering mess when I left the message for my boss (in my defense, I had calmed myself down, but as soon as I started talking about the sliding I lost it. Again.).

I was scared.

And today being back at work, I’m embarrassed.

I know my message sounded much worse than the situation really was. My coworkers all told me they were happy I made it to work safely today.

Yep, embarrassed.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Don't you have a SUBARU?

... said...

yes, but my subaru is defenseless when it's icy. and like i said, i'm embarrassed.