Tuesday, April 6, 2010

There’s no getting around it. Stubbornness runs in my family.

It takes a lot to get the girls on my Mom’s side of the family to do something they don’t want to do. And I wish I could say I was different but I’m not.

I see a lot of my Mom in me. I see a lot of my Grandma in my Mom. There are a lot of great, amazing, wonderful qualities we all get from each other. And then there are some that others may not view as so great, amazing, or wonderful. This is one of them.

My Grandma’s body is aging. She’s not aging though, just her body. She’ll be the first to tell you that. I have heard her say time and time again that something wasn’t for her because “that is for old people” (she’s 83 by the way).

My Grandma is very spunky. I love that about her, as embarrassing as it can be sometimes. But like I said, her body is aging. And right now she’s in the hospital. If you ask her she’s not staying long. She didn’t want to be there in the first place. As scary as shortness of breath for 2 weeks is, the hospital was the last place she wanted to be. But tests were needed to see why she is storing fluid in her body again.

I'm hoping for the best, but can’t get the worse out of my mind. Praying for her always. And hoping her stubbornness will keep her here longer.

i can't thank my cousin, Missy, enough for calling Grandma's doctor and getting her in sooner than later.
my Grandma has a lot of people that care for her, and now her doctor knows it
he received more than a handful of calls on her behalf all urging him to get her in right away,
my cousin's being the final call

3 comments:

Bing Math said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. I hope she is okay.

Unknown said...

I'm glad I didn't get that trait:)-

Georgi Family said...

Yeah mom. You aren't stubborn at all. LOL!! ;) Hey, I have those same qualities so I can judge! And as far as that "phone call" I made goes....grandma was a little upset when I called her back and told her I called the doctor and they want her to come right in at 2. Oh and that they had no record of her calling and when I said she left a message they said, " there is no place to leave messages at our office." LOL! Oh grandma. Now if we can only get her to take her flipping meds then she will be kicking and screaming for a couple of more years! LOL! Love ya grandma!