Thursday, April 22, 2010

earth day every day


That’s what my t-shirt says. I wore it today in honor of Earth Day. It’s made out of organic cotton. Fancy right? It’s one of my favorite t-shirts. Because it’s true, Earth Day is every day.

Today is a good day to make some changes. Here are a few suggestions and pledges of my own to help take better care of our Earth.

I will take shorter showers…

I will continue to use a reusable water bottle…

and I will eliminate individual bottles of water from my life, my house, and possibly from the hands of my loved ones...

I will ride my bike or walk around my city instead of drive…

I will continue to use my reusable tote bags (and use them everywhere I go)…

I will continue the three R’s (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)…

I will plant a tree and lots of flowers this year...

I will continue to replace the light bulbs in my house (once they have gone out) to the energy efficient ones…

I will have an organic garden…

I will continue to pay my bills online instead of receiving bills in the mail....

I will use environmentally friendly cleaning products (you can make your own and they work great)....

I will buy foods (especially fruits & veggies) locally as to lower the emissions created from transporting goods cross country…

I will pick up litter while on walks and hikes…


Doing something to help the Earth is better than nothing. It’s too beautiful to waste.

No comments: