Wednesday, April 14, 2010

au naturale


I have a love/hate relationship with my natural curly hair. Most people who know me would never guess I have curly hair. I either straighten it or only let it go 'half' curly (which is just wavy).

I've decided it's time to embrace the curl.  Okay, I had a little push from my friend, Rosie, who suggested I try this product line made for curly hair (she's so kind and is letting me use her product before I buy some of my own).  What really sold me was that this product line, Deva Curl, is the closest hair product you can get to organic without refrigerating it.  And let me tell you, you can tell.  My hair has never felt so amazing after just one use.  The shampoo doesn't lather (they don't call it no-poo for a reason).  Did you know lathering is bad for your hair?!  The shampoo is my favorite.  My hair felt extremely soft after shampooing, instead of feeling like it needed conditioner.

I'm still perfecting my curls (not quite sure how to do my hair curly, as you can tell from the picture).  But I sure am enjoying this new look.

1 comment:

Georgi Family said...

I need to give that a try. where do you buy it?