Wednesday, April 14, 2010

i never thought i would say running is easy

but after last night's bike ride running is a breeze.

i love Gordon's work building.  old brick buildings have so much character. 
this one has been renovated and is amazing inside and out (although we're in the back of the building which doesn't do it justice)

Since Gordon works so close to work, he's been considering biking instead of driving (doing his part to save the planet...or so he doesn't have to workout once he's home).  Last night during a break from the rain we went on a bike ride in search of the perfect route for him to take.  Naturally, he wants to stay off busy roads as much as possible.  Lucky for him we live super close to a parkway trail which just so happens to take him from our house to his work.  We live on a hill, and the trail starts at the mouth of the canyon we live by.  He has to back track a little to get to the beginning of the trail and to avoid the busy canyon road.  Back tracking means going up hill.  We went off roading a bit (which I don't love), got a little muddy and sweaty, but once we hit the trail it was smooth sailing.  Coming home was not.  We live on a hill.  We had to go up hill to get home.  Up very steap hills.  I was determined not to get off my bike and walk up, and I didn't, even while my legs were shaking and I thought I was going to fall off my bike because I was going so slow but pedaling so fast.

We were gone for an hour and twenty minutes (no, it won't take Gordon that long to get to work and back...we were route searching and exploring so it took us a bit longer).  We burnt a lot of calories.  Way more than I do running.  But sitting is really uncomfortable today.

No comments: