Friday, April 16, 2010

more wiser than older

It’s my Step-Dad’s birthday!

Here are 5 reasons I love Tim.

1. He has taken me in as one of his own. I don’t consider him my Step-Dad. He’s my Dad. He does all of the things Dads do: priesthood blessings, helps me move, works on my car, gives great advice…you know, those sort of things.

2. He loves my Mom. And takes great care of her. And makes her very happy.

3. He is a Beatles fan. Huge fan actually. He is a huge fan of music in general. Especially the old stuff. And I love old music. He encourages me to love it, and lets me listen to all his sweet records, tapes, and cds. And watch his music documentary videos too.

4. He eased me into camping. And four-wheeling. I had never done those things before. And although now I realize camping in a trailer with a fireplace really isn’t camping, it was for me. And I love to camp now (real camp in a tent).

5. He makes road-trips fun. We blast Beatles music and sing-a-long (he won’t admit it, but he sings along with us). We stop at random places (that are out of the way of where we’re going) that are so called “historical” and he’ll tell us the story behind the place. It may take us much longer to get to our destination, but that’s what road trips are all about right.
Happy Birthday Tim! We love you especially little Abbi!

1 comment:

Georgi Family said...

Tim is such a great guy! I am glad your mom found him!