Wednesday, April 7, 2010

dinner at the boss's house

Doesn’t that just sound fancy? I’ve seen it in movies and on tv and now I’ve lived it. Nothing crazy happened like in the movies or tv, but it was a nice evening.

We were invited for dinner at Gordon’s boss’s house last night. No business, just getting to know each other. The people he works with are amazing. And now I’m even more jealous of him! They all have a passion for the industry they work in, they actually participate in the sports they market, and they are so chill. I’ve decided Oregon people are my kind of people.

Dinner was delicious. His boss is an excellent cook. We had lamb, which I didn’t think I liked but the way she cooked it was melt in your mouth yummy, asparagus, regular & purple potatoes which are my favorite, and strawberry shortcake which is also my favorite.

We talked about cooking and food, and our love of both. And how it is possible to ruin something in a Crockpot. Personal experience has told me that if you don’t have enough juice, the food will shrivel up and although it may smell good and your husband thinks he has the best wife ever for making this delicious dinner only to lift up the lid of the Crockpot to find two little ‘chicken nuggets’ that should have been Swiss steaks and dinner is ruined. Yeah that story killed at dinner. Leave it to me to have a dinner gone wrong story.

There’s talk of doing this whole dinner thing again in the summer. And it will include a movie night outside in their backyard. I can’t wait!

No comments: