Saturday, March 28, 2009

Just What I Needed

I usually start my Saturdays off with yoga. This Saturday I traded my yoga mat for a tissue and went my stakes Relief Society's birthday party. I was excited to go, not only because most of my really close friends are in my stake, but because Hilary Weeks was going to be the guest speaker. For those of you that may not know, Hilary Weeks is a LDS musician. She's amazing! I didn't know this, but she's also a great motivational speaker. She spoke to us about believing in ourselves and what we are doing. She touched on so many great points. I could have listened to her forever. I don't think one sister left the chapel with dry eyes. I am so grateful to have a Heavenly Father who loves me. I am grateful that I know that he loves me. I'm also grateful that I was able to share this deeply spiritual experience with my close friends. I know we all needed to hear her message.

3 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

I love yoga on a Saturday morning too! That's so exciting Keri has a boyfriend!

Michelle said...

Hilary Weeks was such an amazing singer and speaker. She was so funny. I couldn't stop talking about her to Justin yesterday. I'm so glad I got work off and was able to be there!

Lindsey Rose said...

That is so neat. I heard her speak at Time out for Women a couple of years ago and i loved her! I always like a good motivational moment!