Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday To You My Dear


Although he didn’t get what he really wanted (a land cruiser just wasn’t in the budget this month) Gordon had a pretty great birthday. Of course the festivities started off with Sunday dinners—first from his side of the family then the next Sunday with my side, then a quiet dinner at home with just the two of us. We ordered take-out from one of Gordon’s favorite restaurants, Andy’s (best Greek food ever), he opened his gifts from me, then we relaxed together (I love him so much that I didn’t go to the gym…yeah that says a lot). It wasn’t even a planned thing, but Gordon’s best friend Chris was in town from St. George getting ready to go on a work trip so Gordon was able to hang out with him for a little bit too that evening! Gordon is not one for celebrations. He hates being the center of attention. He tells me every year to just forget his birthday. I never do. I love birthdays! When it comes to my birthday I don’t mind being the center of attention at all. He knows this about me so my birthday always ends up to be a big event that lasts all month long (he’ll even tell you that I mention my birthday on Christmas because Christmas means only 6 more months to the day til my birthday!). Although Gordon doesn’t realize this, or maybe he does, he was the center of attention. He received multiple text messages wishing him a happy day, lots of birthday cards from family and friends, and, although not planned, his best friend was in town to hang out with. Yeah, he was the star of the show yesterday. And I think he loved every minute (which he will never admit). He’s very blessed…we have great family and friends that make sure you know you are loved, especially on your special day.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Gordon!

Lindsey Rose said...

Gordon, happy birthday! Sounds like a great day!

Janean said...

He doesnt like attention, not happening with you as his wife. I can just hear you now.. "Whoooooo Par-taaaay Gordo!!!" I miss u. Next time i come to utah. We ARE getting together.