Thursday, March 19, 2009

Why Do We Feel Awkward?

My friends and I have been anticipating this moment ever since we got the news. It was a night none of us were going to miss. This past Wednesday we all gathered together at my house to meet Keri’s internet boyfriend Russell. As we waiting for them to arrive we talked about how awkward we all were going to feel meeting him. Why were we the ones that were going to feel awkward? He was the one coming into my house meeting new people that would be judging him from the moment he walked in to the moment he left. But we did feel awkward…at first. Before he arrived Shelli asked Gordon if he had a gun. He does, and told her it was loaded. We all felt a bit more at ease (for all we knew this was just part of his sick plan…we felt bad after for thinking that). After the ice was broken and stories were told Russell was just another person overwhelmed with us girls talking louder and louder trying to hear ourselves over one another. One of the highlights, or should I say lowlights, of the evening was when Russell’s hickies were exposed! Yep, pretty disgusting. I'm proud to say I have never had a hickie...Yuck! All hickies aside, the two of them seem to have a connection. We thought that maybe Keri was more into Russell than he was into her, but she told us the other day that he's coming back for her birthday in a couple of weeks and she thinks he's going to propose! Although it seems like this is all happening so fast, I'm really happy for Keri. I have never seen her like this before. I guess you can find true love just about anywhere...


Russell and Keri

Shelli, Katherine, Gord, Me (Briggs), Keri and Russell
Shelli, Katherine, Me, Keri

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hold on... did I see a blow up doll on the floor??? ;)

Kim Felt said...

Gordon, don't leave your toys laying around when you have company over. :) My dad wants to know if that is the same doll you brought with you down the grand canyon? Ha ha!!!!!

Georgi Family said...

nice blow up doll! um, how about your next post be on the "story" behind that doll!

Lyda L Rose said...

Tim called- He wants his doll back!