Saturday, March 28, 2009

First Pick...Me...Really?

I’ve never really been good at anything, and by anything I mean extracurricular activities—specifically sports. I definitely have never been chosen first to be on someone’s team…that is until this past week.

My work has a corporate wellness program which I actively take part in. Each month we track our physical activity on a monthly log (there’s a chance for a reward which is why I track my activity NOT why I do the activity). Some months there are challenges that the program issues. I participate in those, again there’s a reward factor which is not the reason I do the challenge…most of the time I’m already doing what the challenge is challenging participants to do. Next month’s challenge is called Active for Life, pretty self explanatory title. Anyway, each department creates teams to compete with each other. The team captain of my department was very excited about this month’s challenge. She told everyone she has a secret weapon…ME! So before I even decided if I was going to participate in the challenge I had already been picked to be on a team. Actually, I was the first person picked. My team’s captain had a set a goal for each person on her team to do an hour of physical activity a day, and without even asking me if I would accept her goal or be on her team, my name was on her roster. She said I would “rack up the points” if someone fell behind. Pretty sweet compliment. A lot of pressure too.

So although I’m still horrible at sports and gave up the dream of being chosen first for any team, it happened. Yep, I’m just as surprised as you are.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

So does 3 hours on Mondays count for three days?