Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Have A Little Art With That Soup

Working in the health field has plenty of down sides, but every once in awhile you get to experience an up side. Today was one of those experiences. Businesses want your business and there's not a better way to get you to use their business than by bribing you. A free lunch now and then, Christmas baskets, an occasional pie to take home to your family, or free tickets to an art event are all examples of this bribery that I have been so lucky to be the recipient of. The tickets to an art event was a new one for me but has been my favorite so far.


Both of these are ice-sculptures...pretty sweet.


Tonight two of my closest co-workers and I went to Art and Soup. The title of the event pretty much says it all: local artist showing off their work in hopes to sell it and local businesses showing off their best soups in hopes that those trying it will come into their restaurant for more. The event was held at the Sheraton in SLC. We were there for a couple of hours sampling over 20 different kinds of soups and viewing some amazing artwork from some amazing local artists. Scattered throughout the event were all sorts of people: uppity ups, other artists of all kinds, common folk like myself, and others that looked a bit homeless (which surprised me because it wasn't a cheap event, at least that's what I was told). We had a blast mingling with all these people. I enjoyed getting to know my co-workers better too. They are super fun cute girls!

Nicole and me...
Nicole is the other Health Educator in Senior Services.
She's my office roommate. She also got a new job...
I'm gonna miss her terribly!

Megan and me.
She's stickin' in out with me in Senior Services...thank goodness!

I now consider myself a bit more cultured. And I got to enjoy some dang good soup too!

No comments: