Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Glimpse Into Our Future...



I guess you can call us the lucky ones. Out of all the people that could have watched Baby H, we were the ones Mel and Justin asked (partly because they had a coupon from their Christmas present that was good for one free night out-babysitters included that they hadn't used yet). I'm not going to lie to you, we were both a little nervous (Gordon more than me). On the way down Gordon asked me if I knew how to change a diaper. I joked and told him no, to which he replied "Dang, we should have asked my mom to come with us". With no practice and little instructions, Gordon successfully changed Baby H's diaper (which never was a poopy one...we owe you Baby H).

Justin had joked around with us that this would give us a feel for what's to come in our life. And to tell you the truth I think I'm more ready than I thought. I loved playing with Baby H! It was fun watching him smile and get so excited while we made silly noises and pulled ridiculous faces at him. By far my favorite part of the night was holding him while he slept. We were playing and then all of the sudden he closed his eyes and he was sleeping. It was so funny and cute. We must have wore him out with all the fun we were having. I wrapped him up in his blankey and we relaxed and rocked in the rocking chair. Such a great moment.

On the way home we talked about how excited we are to watch him again (hint hint Mel and Justin). He was such a great little boy for us. Thanks guys for trusting us and letting us watch him. We're so blessed to have such a sweetie pie for a nephew!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks again. You guys can watch him ANYTIME -the kid actually slept for NINE hours last night!

Michelle said...

Cute pictures of you and your little nephew. You guys sounds like a fun aunt and uncle! It's so nice when family is so willing to watch your baby. Good for you guys :)!

Lindsey Rose said...

You guys will make great parents one day! You looked like a natural! You can come to Tn and watch our three anytime!!!

Rich'n'Rach said...

Oh man, it looks like you guys already have it down!