Thursday, November 6, 2008

Worse Than Christmas

Saturday was one of the longest days of my life. Moving sucks…there is no other way to put it. We woke up early Saturday morning because neither of us could sleep. The first thing Gordon said to me when he woke up was “Last night was worse than Christmas!” Needless to say we were both sleeping in anticipation to wake up and start moving. I had a long list of things to do. First and foremost was to finish cleaning before the ‘big stuff’ was moved into the house. Lucky for me I had two Burton girls helping, my mom and my Aunt Lyda (which was such an awesome surprise). It went by much faster than the day before, but I still am not finished (I have the basement left to clean).

Gordon and I were worried that we wouldn’t have enough “muscle” to move the big stuff but our families were so great and all pitched in to help (thanks Matt, Tim, Kim, and Uncle Larry...we couldn’t have done it without you).

So were all in. Although not everything is put away quite yet (that’s my goal this Saturday evening) it’s livable. The rooms that count are in working order (kitchen, bathroom and bedroom). We love our new home! We love it even more now that we have blinds (yeah, the home was blindless but slowly but surly each window is being covered). I look forward to going home each night after work (for different reasons other than I’m not at work anymore). It smells so yummy when you walk in. It still has that new house smell…and that ‘oh so clean’ smell too. Now all that is left is painting and decorating…the fun stuff!

For those that are wondering about our dogs…they are adjusting wonderfully. They love to sit and stare out the windows (sometimes I wonder if they’re part cat…). I let Abbi bark her head off because there are no neighbors above or to the side of us to annoy (just her dad…sorry Gordon). They have a nice backyard to run around in and lots of new doggie friends to play with (or bark at).

Life is good!

No comments: