Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our First Sunday Dinner At Our NEW House

I have been working my little tush off trying to get our house settled...unpacking, finding and putting things where they should go (or temporarily should go), cleaning, and trying to decorate in the mix of it all. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to go to work and I could have days other than Saturday to get it all done. Wishful thinking. So since Saturdays are my only real day to get these things done I once again devoted another Saturday to doing all of these things (I did manage to squeeze the gym in...I always seem to find time for that). I had a little more motivation to get them all done however. You see my mother-in-law is having her kitchen remodeled so the regular Sunday dinners had to be moved to different locations for a few Sundays and since we now own a home it was our turn to host Sunday dinner (great way to get me moving is knowing people are coming over to my house...I couldn't have them see my house not put together, that would have been a nightmare). So this past Sunday Gordon and I held our first family Sunday dinner at our brand new home. It was a very exciting day for us. We decided not to eat until later so that LeeAnn could eat with us, since she was working that Sunday. Gordon and I waited in anticipation all day long for six o'clock...we seemed to finish all the 'prep' work quickly which made our day seem that much longer (not to mention having early church; our Sundays already seem long. Quick side note: Our bishopric was released this Sunday and I had such a hard time with it. I have never really been close to other bishoprics in the past, but being in a student married ward I have had the chance to get to know them all so well. They are amazing men and I will miss them dearly. I am excited for our new bishopric. They all seem like great men too. I'm sure I will love them just as much as I love our old bishopric). When our guests (family) arrived I was very nervous that they wouldn't like what I cooked...slow cooked ribs, garlic herb potatoes roasted with olive oil, a garden medley of vegetables, and a roll. I was glad to hear Justin (my bro-in-law) comment many times on how yummy everything was, and LeeAnn (mom-in-law) ask how I cooked the ribs, and Jenn (my bro in law's girlfriend) say how much she liked the veggies, and Matt having a couple helping of potatoes made me feel like I did a good job. Really what I cared about most was how they liked the decorating and arrangement of things...Jodi kept saying how cute everything looked, and LeeAnn said that I did a very nice job making my house a home. Satisfaction! Take a look for yourself...


Welcome...our front door (and the dogs to greet you)...

Our living room view (from the kitchen)...

Living room again...

the kitchen view (from the living room area)...

Our dining area...the door to the right is our bedroom
and the door to the left is the guest bathroom...

Our bedroom...

which includes its own master bathroom...

with a sweet jetted tub (it's miniature style)...

also included is our walk in closet...

here is the upstairs guest bathroom...

Now we venture down stairs...to the right we have two rooms...

the laundry/food storage room...

and the office/exercise room which I plan to have my own exercise room in this room...

our junk room (it's a big room which is perfect for all the exercise equipment that I want)...

downstairs family room (which currently has two couches;
if you need a couch or know someone who does, talk to me)...


and finally the basement bathroom...


I feel like my hard work has paid off. Now I am enjoying my home. I still have a few things I want to do but at least my house feels like a home (thanks Mom for helping me...I couldn't have done it without you and your sweet hand-me-downs!).

11 comments:

Janean said...

youre house is adorable!!!! you are adorable! and i want to eat at your house for sunday dinners! my mouth is watering. give me your recipe please! ribs & potatoes.
ps. im not just exaggerating my thoughts to be nice.. im serious... saliva is filling my mouth.

Kyle, Jess, and Max said...

Jess! I love your house! It is so lovely! You decorated it so cute! GOOD WORK! Last night was fun working out...hope you have a good rest of the week!

The Parks' said...

Beautiful home Jessica!!! I love it and I love your decorating! You are so cute.
-Marie Parks

Melanie said...

Thanks again for dinner, it was fun going to your house. Maybe one day I'll get around to actually decorating our new home, but don't count on it.

Lindsey Rose said...

Jess! this looks amazing! I am so happy for you! You are a great decorator, and holy cow It is so big! Way to go! You guys are so sweet and I miss you!

Jordan Frazier said...

Your house is way cute! How fun!

Kim Felt said...

Wow! I love your house!!!! I can't wait to see it. It looks like your dogs have adjusted too. congrats.

Bryce and Sally said...

I love your home!!! When are we coming over?

LeeAnn said...

Everythng was perfect, and you've done such a great job with your home and your dinner, not to mention your life. Love Ya

Georgi Family said...

I am now officially envious! I am so excited to get a house some day. I love all of the windows in the house. I am such a fan of windows and letting light in. Love it. I need to come see it. I am so excited for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh cute! I love it Jess. Where are you guys living now? Wanna help me with my house. Oh and email me your number again... audreeann@hotmail.com