Thursday, November 6, 2008

This is Halloween, This is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween

Although we had a crazy weekend ahead of us preparing for the big move, I couldn’t let Halloween pass right by, even if we still has some packing to do.
My mom and I spent ALL day Friday cleaning our house…and actually only finished cleaning the kitchen and great room (it was disgusting and I’m anal just like my mom so it took us forever to get those rooms clean by our standards…steam cleaned and all!). By evening time I was exhausted, to say the least. We were working so hard that we had forgotten to eat, which was most of my problem because I had no energy once we were finished. But I couldn’t just sit home on Halloween…I had to go party the night away because that’s what you do; instead of trick or treating you party hardy!
Our good friends the Cantwell’s and Kilgore’s threw a Halloween bash. It was at the Cantwell’s house which was turned into a haunted house. Their house was perfect for it because it has a wrap around porch which they turned into a spook alley with fog smoke, scary music, and different scary movie villains such as Freddie Kruger, Michael Myers, and Jason who just happened to be the chainsaw man too. They made each trick or treater go through the ‘alley’ to get their candy. Some of the husbands were “workers” and scared the kids… Gordon included. He popped up out of no where from the other side of the ‘alley’ which I later found out was from the ladder they had on the other side…cleaver. They sure got all of us wives good when we went through it. The sad thing is that we knew what was to come and still got scared. Chainsaws are freaky, especially when you’re in a little area and you can’t open the door to get back into the house for the life of you! Bryce caught the whole thing on video…great for a good laugh.
The Kilgore’s and Cantwell’s love to entertain and they do such a wonderful job at it. Every time we hang out with them we have so much fun. Their Halloween party was no exception. The entire night was planned from beginning to end with fun games, music and movies, and yummy treats. We left there with new friends that are even in our ward! Even though I was dead tired I still had a blast and I’m glad we went. It was great to hang out with Jess, Danny, Sally, and Bryce. We miss them because their not in our ward anymore so we don’t see them near as often as we should. That will change now that we have a house…we can be put into the rotation of get-togethers and have the couples over to our house now…exciting!
Jessica & Danny
Sally & Bentley
Some of us girls laughing at some really funny guesses playing pictionary

No comments: