Saturday, November 8, 2008

Responsibility, What's That?

Owning a home has been wonderful. It's been one week since we've been living in our home and we have loved every moment...well except this one. I came home Tuesday after work to no water. It seems that Gordon and I had been so busy with moving, work, and family stuff that we had forgotten to go to the city public works building to put the water in our name. We were going to "tough it out" by using gallon jugs of water to get us through the night until I could go in the morning to get everything worked out but neither of us thought about one major item...flushing the toilet. So after only 3 nights in our house, we had to stay at my mom's to enjoy the luxury of having running water. Thanks Mom and Tim for accommodating us for one night. I don't know what we would do without our parents!

No comments: