Monday, November 10, 2008

Seriously, Chucky Cheese?!

My Dad loves to get together as one big family and go to dinner (even more now that he’s married). I think that the older he gets and the more our little family grows he realizes the importance of family time (don’t we all). I love our family dinner nights. I enjoy being with my Dad, Brenda, my sister and her boyfriend, my nephew, and my husband. There is never a dull moment when we’re all together. Really there’s never a dull moment when my Dad is around. When my Dad called to schedule our family dinner I was taken off guard when he said where they wanted to go…Chucky Cheese. My Dad is a joker and I thought he was ‘pulling my chain’ when he told me. I thought he might be pulling a practical joke on me and once I got to Chucky Cheese I would notice no one was there and then I would get a phone call saying “Ha Ha we’re really here” but that was not the case. He seriously wanted to go to Chucky Cheese and why not?

We had a blast! How could you not? The pizza isn’t too bad, the bread sticks are all right, and the entertainment is non-stop. I will say I was a bit disappointed with the musical numbers. I remember when I was little they had puppets singing and playing music. Now it’s on TV. Lame. The arcades are just a good as I remember…some even better!
Some of us were more excited than others...
Jason was the best at this jump rope game
Each of us had a turn with this 'game'.
The gorilla's hands vibrate
and the vibrations get faster and faster the longer you hold on...
each of us laughed our heads off because it tickled!
My Dad and Gordon played this game the most because...
each time they played they won tons of tickets!
(Mostly my dad was the ticket winner...
he won big each time with more than 200 tickets each win! Bravo!)

We were there for two hours and not once did any of us look at the time. One thousand tickets later we finally left but not empty handed. Two curly straws and lots of airheads! Thanks Dad and Brenda…I can’t wait for the next family night!

1 comment:

Kim Felt said...

I love chucky cheese. I tried to convince maddy to have her b-day there, but she wants a PJ party instead.:( Whatever. I have already been there twice! My you have caught up on your posting! I love them all. I want to see pictures of your house! I am so excited for you. :)