Saturday, November 8, 2008

Our New Favorite Store: Home Depot

How many times during the day can you go to one store? And why is that you walk out of this store much poorer than you walked in and it's all actual needed things?!

We have a list of things we would like to "improve" on our house. None of them are structural, thank goodness. Most of them are cosmetic which to me is the best kind of improvements. Gordon is so excited about all of the improvements on his list, and let me tell you there is quite a list. Some of his achievements so far have been putting up the blinds in our bedroom and living room, and installing the garage door opener. Isn't it crazy how men just dive right into doing all of this kinds of stuff and they are so good at it? I love having a husband that is such a handyman and loves to do these types of things. Of course the two things he has accomplished may not be very big things, he has done a wonderful job and I am very appreciative of them (and him). Gordon has been such a team player these days. It's not easy juggling a full time job, going to school full time, and now managing a home, but he has been doing so well and I'm very proud of him.

And I'm doing my fair share too. The inside of the house is my "territory." There is a lot of things to be done inside...most of them are only because I think they need to be done. Some of the things on my list include painting, decorating, housework (which is never ending), and planting flowers. I'm most excited for the first two things on my list. Our walls right now are white...boring! I want to two tone them and then add a few colored walls for accents. I know I will never be finished decorating and for that I am very excited for (my bank account is not so excited). We also have more furniture than we know what to do with (which I never thought I would have to worry about). We have been so blessed with wonderful hand-me-downs from family and friends. Our house would not be furnished without the generosity of others. We're doing our fair share of "paying back" and are giving what we no longer need to family members. Karma is a wonderful thing.

I don't think I can say this enough but we are so thankful for the opportunity we have had to purchase our home. We love it so much. Each morning and night we tell each other how wonderful it feels to have our own home. We have wanted this for so long it still doesn't seem real (although next month we might feel differently when we make our first house payment).


Putting the blinds up...best investment ever!
New drill...another good investment

I love my handyman husband, he can do it all! Here he is hanging up the garage door opener.

No comments: