Monday, September 29, 2008

I'll Rest When I'm Old

Gordon and I have not had a weekend, or weekday, to do nothing in a very long time. It feels like we have been going non-stop since May. Summer is always a busy time, but I thought once it was over things would get back to the boring ol’ days where we played the “What do you want to do? I don’t know, what do you want to do?” game. WRONG! Once again our weekend was jammed packed with events that demanded our presence. Friday night we got together with Gordon’s mom’s side of the family to celebrate Grandma Petersen’s birthday. We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. It was nice to see Grandma out of the care center and hanging out with family. Saturday Gordon opted to stay home from my nephew’s football game to catch up on homework while I went to represent both of us. His games use to be so fun…when they weren’t always winning by such a large margin. Needless to say his team is undefeated and my Saturday this weekend is already booked with his playoff game. After the game I went with my mom over to my Grandma Burton’s to see how the painting was going. Some of my family has been helping with the makeover of my Grandma’s house. There was still much to be done, so instead of offering a helping hand I rescued my Grandma from the mess and took her to get her hair done by a friend that is a stylist. She loved getting pampered and her hair turned out adorable (Thanks Jessica). The Ogden Greek Festival was going on that day and I had been talking about it all week long, so when I got home Gordon was in desperate need of break from his homework so we ventured over to the festival for some authentic Greek food and pastries. We had the usual, but to be daring we each tried something new. Gordon had his regular Gyro and rice, with the addition of . I had . We weren’t impressed with the food and would rather go to our favorite Greek restaurant instead, but it was the experience that we were after (at least that’s how I keep it positive because the experience was a bit of a time waster too). From the Greek festival I went to the Relief Society Conference in Salt Lake City with LeeAnn and Jodi. I was spiritually fed leaving the conference with a stronger testimony of relief society and reaffirmation of my Father’s love for me. After church on Sunday I went to my step-mom-to-be’s bridal shower. It was a different bridal shower, being that we all had to wear our favorite sport’s attire (Brenda’s a sports fan). My sister and I are daddy’s girls so we wore our Green Bay Packers gear. It was nice to finally meet her side of the family. Of course my side of the family was much louder and more inappropriate than hers, but you can’t really expect any less from us Fraga’s. We played games, visited, and watched Brenda open up her gifts. She was very embarrassed the entire time (she’s very shy and some of her gifts were a bit personal. If anyone should be embarrassed it should have been my sister and me. It’s our dad for heaven’s sake!). After the shower I went over to my mom’s for our bi-monthly dinner date. There I was finally able to relax. Next weekend is only 5 days away and I’m already very busy.
Grandma Petersen is 75!
He doesn't even try to smile anymore. Our cute pictures are officially over.
He's growing up so fast...he's so much taller and bigger than me. Oh, and he's only 12!
Go Packers!
(we're a blended family, Brenda is a Steelers fan)

2 comments:

Kim Felt said...

Being bored is over rated. I know what you mean about being so busy. We've been trying to finish our basement for 10 months now, but can't find time on saturdays to do anything. Oh, by the way.... having kids makes things even crazier!
Ps. Tanna's hair is sooo cute!

Georgi Family said...

Dude, Skyler is getting so dang handsome. He looks like a natural in the football uniform. Tannas hair is way cute too. Love it!!