Monday, September 29, 2008

I Looked Out The Window And What Did I See...

Living the apartment life you run into some very interesting people. We have had our share of different neighbors and we’ve only lived in our apartment for a little over a year. This particular story has to do with a neighbor that now no longer lives there (and this only happened 5 days ago). We have been very suspicious of this said neighbor. They always had random people coming in and out of their apartment, but we never suspected drug dealer. Instead we suspected prostitute. We felt really bad for the neighbor’s child, who is adorable and always wanted someone to talk to, which we couldn’t blame her because her parent was a night owl so they slept during the day and lived it up at night. A few weeks ago we noticed this neighbor had a boot on their car. We suspected that they weren’t paying their payment and the bank put it on. In addition to the boot, we noticed that this neighbor was slowing moving items out of their house…in the middle of the night. Suspicious, yes. Then this happened. Last Thursday I had arrived home early from work and took some time to hang out with my dogs before heading to the gym. There was a lot of noise outside and my dogs were restless. As I looked out my window I saw this neighbor, their daughter, and two grungy guys all staring at the boot on the car. One grungy guy said to my neighbor “I can get that off” to which they replied “Good, then I’m gonna take my car far away from here so they can’t find it.” Then the grungy man proceeded to remove the boot, illegally! I called Gordon and told him the situation to which he replied “call the cops.” I refused knowing that they would suspect me because I was the only neighbor home. Instead I decided to take a picture (which would have been much worse if they saw me do this then call the cops). I just thought it was funny to look out my window and see a Matt (Gordon’s little bro) look-a-like struggling to remove this boot (Matt isn’t grungy per say, but this guy looked a lot like Matt when his hair was long, even Gordon agreed). I left for the gym and when I returned Gordon told me all the drama that had happened while I was gone. The cops came because my landlord called them. He was the one to put the boot on the car because this neighbor had not paid rent for the past few months. There was a lot of yelling and inappropriate language being used. Then Gordon said he lost interest in the situation. Never a dull day at the four-plex!