Monday, September 8, 2008

Four-Wheelers instead of Wave Runners, Oh MY!

This weekend we took what I think may be the last trip to Bear Lake for the year (although we’re trying to talk my mom into going up in the winter so we have somewhere to stay that is close to Beaver Mountain when we go snowboarding). I have never seen Bear Lake or Garden City so deserted. It was wonderful! There was no waiting in a long line for milkshakes, or rushing to the beach early in the morning to claim your spot. One of the biggest differences was seeing four-wheelers instead of wave runners and boats. Weird. It was the first time my parents brought up their four-wheelers and left their wave runners behind. The small change of temperature brings new fun. I had no idea how many trails there were to four-wheel on up there. Gordon and Tim were gone most of the afternoon on Saturday exploring them. My mom, the dogs, and I hung out at the beach. It was the perfect sunbathing weather. We laid out all afternoon without getting hot!

I know I have said this before, but Bear Lake is truly one of my favorite places to visit and I do not hesitate to say that it is my home away from home. Even if I only go up there for a few days it’s my retreat from the world. I’m grateful for the opportunity I have to live so close to my favorite retreat where I can take a break from everything and spend time with my husband and family.
The 'tanner' looking spots on his face is dirt from four-wheeling. Dirty Boys.
Instead of sand, we stood in sea-shells! LOVE IT!
Gordon found these particulary big shells for me. He came up to me and said "I found some really big shells!" I thought he was going to propose to me all over again! (For those of you that don't know Gordon proposed to me at Bear Lake on the beach. Short version: We were looking for seashells, which is one of my favorite things to do, when he told me "Jess, I found the biggest shell" and when I turned around he was on one knee, ring in hand asking me to marry him! Oh, he's so dang cute!)

No comments: