Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You May Be Able To Bench Double My Body Weight...

...But when it comes to flexibility, endurance, and coordination I’ve got you beat.

I’ve added something new to my exercise routine…PiYo. PiYo is a mixture of pilates and yoga. You do a little pilates moves and a little yoga moves. I have never done either of these types of exercises faithfully so I was a bit nervous to try this class at my gym. But I surprised myself. I did pretty well (although I sure am feeling it today). There were two football players in the class. At the beginning they did not take the class serious. They were giggling and make jokes about the breathing techniques and the names of the moves. I think they thought this class would be a waste of an hour...they found out in the first 5 minutes that they were mistaken. I have never heard two men, let alone ‘big tough’ football players, whine as much as they did. The longer we held a pose, the louder they whined. It was hilarious! Don’t get me wrong, I was whining too only I was doing it silently in my mind. At the end of the class they both told the instructors that it was much harder than they had anticipated and they would both be back next week. Maybe they’ll tell their friends and I’ll get this kind of entertainment each week! I loved it! Props to them for sticking it out and wanting to come again (although it does go against my hatred of new resolutions to want them to come back).

3 comments:

Kim Felt said...

That makes me hurt just thinking about it. :)

Michelle said...

Go Jessica!

Danielle said...

Hey Jessica,

I'm not sure if you remember me, it's Danielle Spiers from high school. I saw your link on Witney's blog. What gym do you go to? I don't want to be one of those "New Year's People" but I've been wanting to find a gym that has good Pilates or Yoga classes (or in this case, a combination of the two).

It's fun to see you again! You look great!

Danielle