Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Have You Given Up Yet?

I hate New Year's Resolutions. My reason: too many people at the gym. I'm a regular at the gym. I go most days out of the week. I hate the month of January because nine out of ten people have a goal to lose weight in the new year. From experiences in the past I know that the crowds at the gym die down in a month or so, but right now my gym is packed with a bunch of strangers mixed in with us die hards. I can't wait for next month when I don't have to circle the parking lot a dozen times to find a parking spot!

Side note: Tonight at the gym was pretty awesome! Even with the crowd, I was the only person in my turbokick class. I had a private session with just me and the instructor! It's like having a personal trainer without paying for one! Pretty awesome! (the instructor was my good friend Katherine, which made the situation that much better) Great Workout!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I totally agree -I hate the gym in January. I won't get the dr's ok to go back til the end of the month so hopefully its back to normal by then.

Kim Felt said...

Well if it makes you feel better I will never be one of thoses people at the gym. It would have to be pretty bad for me to go to a gym. I'm just too lazy. :)

Michelle said...

Ha ha, it's so true. Everyone with their new years resolutions to lose weight. It's the same way at my work. The salon I work at is in a strip mall right next to weight watchers and at the beginning of the year the parking lot is ridiculously full but by the end of the year it's always easy to find a spot. Ha ha... If it makes you feel any better, I'm not one of those people who go to the gym at the beginning of the year. I never go! I probably should, but that's one less person for you :)... ha ha I just read the comment before mine and it says pretty much exactly what I just said. Oh well, I wrote mine before I read it.

Kara Simmons. said...

Yes I agree completely as well! It is so nice, for our sakes, that the crowds die off by February! Bad for our major health promotion! Ha ha!