Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ringing In The New Year

We didn't have any plans for New Year's Eve until Tuesday night when we decided that maybe some of our other friends didn't have anything going and maybe they would like to get together. A little texting and phone calls and wa-la! we had plans.
We rang in the New Year with the Kilgore's, Ivie's, and Cantwell's. We ate so much junk food (I actually got sick from it all before we even rang in the New Year...but that didn't get me down!), and played a round of Cranium, then Rock Band pretty much consumed the rest of our evening and early morning. Nothing too crazy, just another hang out night with our good friends (except usually we end before midnight and not 2am but there's no concept of time on New Year's except for when the ball is dropping).


The Cantwell's got this sweet outdoor heater for their deck...
sure makes for some warm winter nights
(so much so that none of us had shoes on in the middle of winter!)
Gordon and I had never played Rock Band before so we didn't know what we were missing out on. I found out that I went into the wrong profession...I should have been a rock band singer! I was a bit shy at first to sing in front of some people I didn't know (some of Sally's family was at her house) but once I got the first song out of the way they couldn't get me to let anyone else have a turn. I know I can't sing, but that doesn't matter when you're playing this game. I did pretty well in spite of my tone deafness scoring in the nineties each song. Gordon was the guitar and bass man which is fitting for him because he plays the guitar. Jess was our drummer. She was hilarious to watch! While Jess and I were hogging the microphone and drums the others acted like adults and shared the other instruments. What a fun video game!





I'm grateful for such awesome friends. This New Year's was one of our best because of them.
New Year's Kisses...





What's a New Year's celebration without fireworks!




2008 was a great year for us. We both graduated from Weber State, inherited the cutest dogs in the world, I got an awesome new job using my degree, and we bought a house in an area we have always wanted to live in! Given that, I'm excited for 2009...I feel like a lot is going to change for us this year and I'm excited for what's to come.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a fun New Years Eve! :) Cute pictures! Happy New Year!!