Wednesday, October 22, 2008

They Make It Hard





This is a regular occurance at our home. If it's not one, it's both of them needing your undivided attention. I understand why; they are home alone during the day and are so excited that we're home. But boy they sure make it hard to do simple things like read a book or study. As you can see from the pictures, Abbi is the most needy. It's not good enough for her to be sitting on your lap while you do these things. She has to be in your face, making it impossible to do anything else but pay attention to her. She loves it, I can tell. Briggs is a quiet attention needer (for sure not a real word). He will not whine (unlike Abbi). Instead, the moment you sit down, he's there, on your lap not giving you a moment to get comfortable first. Don't get me wrong, I love this (however, Gordon does not). But there are times that I think back to when we didn't have them and wonder what the crap I did all night long. I'm guessing that's what new parents do. I realize that we (really just me) have made them this way and I'm ok with it.

2 comments:

Georgi Family said...

look at you, all on top of your posting. Your dogs are really cute. If you ever need a sitter they can come stay with us. I am up at night anyway with taylor. He is teething and it is not fun. You pretty much are just preparing yourselves for kids. Only downside is that you can't leave your kids home. Things catch fire and stuff like that. 8)

Kara Simmons. said...

They are incredibly cute. My husband and I get very distracted by our Charlotte too! But how can you not when she is snorting at you and rolling on her back to have you rub her belly?! Sometimes, I can't get over how cute she is and then I think, "if I feel this way about our dog, imagine how I will feel with human children!" I just love dogs and yours look like so much fun.