Monday, October 27, 2008

Party Time

This weekend Gordon and I were super busy…having so much fun at our Halloween parties. Our good friends the Purser’s had what might be the best Halloween party I have ever been to. Where is the best place to have a Halloween party? A mortuary. And that’s where their party was. The owner of the mortuary said they could have their party throughout the entire mortuary as long as they cleaned up. Although we had access to the entire mortuary (except the embalming room which was off limits…there were bodies down there!) the main party place was the grieving room. There were so many great costumes, and some really excellent “couple” costumes which included: a bumble bee and flower, polygamists (that’s a triple costume), Buddy Elf and wife, Grandma and Grandpa, Tree and Tree Hugger (my favorite), the Shrek family (their little boy was the donkey…so adorable!), and last but not least Little Red Ridding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf (that was our costume). There were other great costumes there such as the Joker, a mechanic (with real grease and everything), and a puppy dog (which was an 8 years old costume but a 20 something year old showed us it can be used at any age). There were many others there that had great costumes too, but those were the most memorable. This party was so much fun. The party games could not be topped by any other party. We took a tour of the mausoleum in complete darkness. The only light was when we needed to head up the stairs! Marc made our tour that much scarier by telling us some real ghost stories from the mausoleum…needless to say my eyes were closed 80 percent of the time. The party was a success for sure. Yummy soups and treats, and great company. We made a lot of new friends that night too.

Marc & Katherine as Buddy the Elf and wife
(they made these sweet costumes!)
Shelly(the mechanic), Katherine (Buddy the elf's wife), & me
The Big Bad Wolf (Gordon) and Little Red Riding Hood (me)


Along with the mortuary Halloween party, we also attended the Fraga annual Halloween extravaganza! My dad’s side of the family goes all out for Halloween. It’s one of our favorite holidays. This year was no different. In fact, I think it was one of the best family Halloween parties yet! The clubhouse was decorated wonderfully. They always seem to amaze me with how much detail they put into the party décor. Every wall had a spooky mural on them. There was not one corner undecorated. The décor theme was from the movie Hocus Pocus. My two aunts and a cousin were the Sanderson sisters Winnie, Mary, and Sarah. They were the host of the party. Their costumes were amazing (surprisingly I did not get a pic of them). My cute little cousin Zoe was Danni. My cousin’s husband Brian was the Joker, but not the Joker everyone else is for Halloween. He was the Joker at the end of the movie (the Dark Knight)…the nurse Joker. It was a great costume, but not one of his best. Every year he custom makes his costume. Last year he was Alien, from the movie Alien. It was the most amazing costume I have ever seen! So amazing that he sold it for over $1000 on eBay! He’s very talented. My dad and Brenda were ‘two peas in a pod’. What a great newlywed costume. Gordon and I just reused our costume from the night before (and will continue to use it for the party we have on Halloween too). The kids played lots of fun Halloween games and got some really fun prizes. My nephew is too cool to play any of the “kid games” and is also too cool to dress up. Why is it that dressing up is so fun when you’re little, then when your pre-teen or early teen age it’s not cool, then the older you get it’s cool again? I remember all of those stages, and I’m glad to be back at the ‘it’s cool again’ stage in my life because I love to dress up and I love Halloween time.

The entrance to the clubhouse...spooky!
The witches "brew station"
Fourtune tellers
The image on this TV changed all night long
Each table was decorated like this
My dad & Brenda
Cute little Zoe


I’m excited for Halloween this year and can’t wait to see some of our other good friends, the Cantwell’s and Kilgore’s, costumes at their party on Halloween. Maybe we’ll revamp our costume a bit to make it even that much more exciting.

1 comment:

Kyle, Jess, and Max said...

Love the costumes...it sounds like we missed a great party...bummer. Maybe we will have to all get together for a killer christmas party...that would be fun! :) Did you guys close on your house? I hope so...good luck.