Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tea Time

My new friend (and co-worker) Teresa took me out to lunch today to a little old house right by my work. This little old house has been turned into a tea house with the cleaver name Tea 'n You. I love new places to eat and she just knew I would love this place. It's very little inside with only a handful of tables and a backroom that is only for "tea parties" (I can't wait until I have a little girl to take there with her friends for a tea party). There were only two people on staff, one was the owner, the other our waitress. The owner came out and made her recommendations as well as explain what a few things were on the menu. We decided to have the "Tea 'n You Lunch" which let us sample a little bit of everything the tea house had to offer. I had their homemade broccoli cheese soup, tea sandwiches which included five little individual sandwiches such as egg salad, tuna fish, chicken salad with apricot spread, spinach & artichoke, and cucumber & cream cheese spread. Then for dessert we had a homemade scone with lemon and whip cream for dipping. We also couldn't go to a tea house without sampling some tea (I know I have to be very cautious consuming teas, and I'm not sure if the tea I had was "legal" but it didn't have caffeine so...) so we both tried their tiger spice chai tea with whip cream and spices on top. Teresa said it tasted a lot like Mexican hot chocolate. It was delicious. We were both so impressed with our yummy lunch and fun experience that we're going to make it a monthly ritual. I love fun places to eat that are out of the norm!

4 comments:

Lindsey Rose said...

That is so fun! I love to find quaint little shope and restaurants. Next time we come to utah you'll have to take me there!

Georgi Family said...

you need to let me know where that is. I love places like that. Food looks really good.

Kara Simmons. said...

This is adorable!

Kim Felt said...

Okay, where is this place? I want those sandwhiches!