Friday, May 30, 2008

The great outdoors...my way!

I have never been an outdoorsy person. When I was little my parents never took me camping in a tent, or hiking, or fishing, or any other sort of outdoorsy activity that you do outside with little critters or bugs. That is probably why when I camp I prefer a cabin or a fifth wheel trailer. (Although being married to Gordon, I have experienced more of the outdoors than I have ever imagined...and I'm grateful. Utah is a beautiful state that must be explored!
Over Memorial weekend Gordon and I went "camping" with my family in the Uintah mountains. We stayed in my parent's fifth wheel trailer (which if you asked Gordon is NOT camping, but he sucks it up and hangs out with us anyways. I think we're making him a softy). Let me describe their trailer...it's brand new, very clean (if you know my mom, that is no surprise), and has a fire place inside. Gordon and I were talking on the way home from our trip about how their trailer is nicer than our apartment; most things are.
Besides the wonderful headquarters, the area where we stayed was beautiful too! We were right next to a river, and if it wasn't snowy, Gordon would have been out by it more often looking for frogs. Yes, it was snowy. It snowed Sunday night. Not much, but enough to make me think I was back in the winter season. It made for some fun four wheeling adventures though.
It was nice to get away. I always love Memorial weekend trips because they are always the first trip of the summer. We kicked off our summer right, with snow and all!


I love this pic of my mom...the hat is my favorite!




My sweet husband cutting the corn off the cob for me.
And while Gordon helped with the dishes,

and my mom cleaned up a bit,

I took a nap.
What a vacation!

No comments: