Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's a BBQ!!

When my family has a BBQ, we really have a BBQ! So much food: all kinds of meat (no one will forget the "Heart attack burger" that my Uncle Larry made which included a hot dog, chicken, hamburger, and bacon all on one bun!), tons of different salads and chips, and then the best dessert which is usually home-made ice cream and my Grandma Burton's famous hot fudge. The Mother's Day BBQ is no exception, it's even better! This year we had it at my Aunt Lyda's. It was her family and my family that came together for the BBQ. It is always a blast when we combine families. I love having all of the cute little girl cousins around to play with. I also love my Aunt Lyda's backyard! There are two tire swings, a hammock, and a trampoline that we drew on with chalk. There is so much room back there that the girls, Gordon, and my nephew Skyler played a game of soccer.

Sydney and Brinley, the cutest little girls in the world!
I had to be an artist and draw whatever the girls asked me to
Brinley and Sydney were all giggles when Gordon is around
Kaylee and Madi wanted to go higher and higher!
Gordon playing with the kids
It's Gordon's turn!
My sweet nephew writing 'I love you G-ma' on the trampoline
Gordon, Kaylee, and Madisen eating ice cream (Madi has a bit of a crush on Gordon. So cute!)
Brin and Syd eating ice cream
My cousin Kevin and Me enjoying a Mexican Coke (I recommend them...so smooth)

As I get older I realize more and more how amazing my family is. I am in such good company when I'm with them. They all are such neat people. I am so blessed to have such an awesome eternal family!
After the BBQ we went over to my mom's house and celebrated Mother's Day with just our family. It is so fun to watch my mom open up her gifts. She gets so excited about everything.

Tim always gives my mom the BEST gifts...
She had no idea she would be getting the camera that she had been eyeing for awhile.

I love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Georgi Family said...

We totally know how to throw down a BBQ huh? I love it when our families get together too! Well, I guess it does help if kevin is there. He is the life of every shin dig!

Anonymous said...

You have the cutest girls in this post! :) I love it when you guys come over to BBQ.

Lindsey said...

are you drinking COKE?????????