Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Good Afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Hardcastle


To celebrate our 1st Anniversary, Gordon had planned (with a little help from me) a romantic weekend getaway to Park City. Romantic it truly was. Romance is included when you stay at the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Deer Valley. The drive up to Deer Valley is one of my favorite drives. No matter which way you drive up there you are surrounded by the beautiful mountains. It's simply magnificent! As we pulled up to the Stein, we knew we were rollin' high class style...we were greeted immediately by our bus boy and valet parking in their underground locked garage (not only did we get star treatment, but my Subaru did too! Garage parking...what a dream!). We could not even think about carrying our bags because the bus boy was right on it, following us from our car to the check-in desk, then on a tour around the lodge, then to our room where he showed us where everything was and how to use all the amenities that our room had to offer. Checking in was a whole new experience all by itself. The gentleman that took our reservation was there (he was not the clerk that was checking us in) and recognized our name greeting us "Good Afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Hardcastle, how was your drive?" to which Gordon managed to spit out "Uh, um, good." First, we are not use to being spoken to so properly, and second we have not been called Mr. and Mrs. Hardcastle since our wedding day (Mr. and Mrs. Hardcastle are Gordon's parents and grandparents, not us).

Our room was spectacular! It had a fireplace and on the deck it had our own private hot-tub! Both of them were nice to have because it gets chilly up in the mountains at night, and I love to sit in a hot-tub when it is cold outside.



One of the highlights of our stay was when we returned to our suite from dinner that evening to dimmed lights, a turned down bed, our robs and slippers laid out, a handmade mint on our pillows, and a tray with two bottled waters and an ice bucket with "fancy" glasses set up on our bed. There was even romantic music playing in the background!


That next morning we had our breakfast delivered to us. Even though it was the regular eggs, bacon, potatoes, and toast breakfast, it had a five star taste that was to die for! Gordon and I love breakfast food, so it was exciting to have such a yummy meal. We ate breakfast in bed...oh the bed...it was a king size bed, with six huge, fluffy down pillows, and fluffy down comforter on top a soft, pillow top mattress (the bed was one of my favorite parts of the room). All in all, both pretty amazing!


Our anniversary weekend was more than I could have asked for. Spending that quality time with Gordon was just what I wanted. The thing that makes this weekend even more special is that I know that Gordon did this all for me. He is not into fancy smancy places like this, but he knows I love them. He is such a wonderful husband. He is my best friend. I am so excited that we hit our first year of marriage mark. It has been the best year of my life, and I owe it all to him!

4 comments:

Georgi Family said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I can't believe it has been a year!! You two are so cute together. You completely compliment eachother. And tell gordon that he needs to hint to nephi about these "fancy shmancy" places. I love them too but you know how men are....well, with the exception of gordon. Well done gordo!! Love ya guys!!!

Kim Felt said...

That looked like so much fun. Sometimes I think I was suppose to be born into royalty because that all seems so natural. :) Happy Anniversary Guys!

katherine purser said...

WooHoo! One year! We are so glad you two kids met and were married, you guys are the best! Looks like an awesome place to go for a vaca! We miss you guys! Let's play!:)

Lindsey said...

oh that looks like so much fun! Congrats on the first year... it only gets better. So have you found any jobs or prospects yet?? haha I tell ya ... I'm frustrated. talk to ya later!