Sunday, March 28, 2010

she's crafty...she's just my type (beastie boys)

I attempted (with success) my first Do It Yourself project this past week. I could tell you all about how I pondered the idea of this DIY project, but it would be much more entertaining for you to hear about it the way my husband experienced it.

My DIY project in the words of my husband:

I received a phone call that went like this:

Jessica: How much fabric do I need?

Gordon: I don't know.  What are you making?

Jessica: Those boxes for the windows.

Gordon: Well did you measure the windows?  How wide, long and deep are the boxes?

Jessica: I don't know.  Look at the instructions I printed off.

Looked at the instructions...

Gordon:  These instructions don't have any dimensions on them.  And it doesn't say how large her window is.

Jessica: Well I just want to know how much fabric I should buy for these windows...I'm just going to buy a yard of this fabric.

Gordon: Okay, but how wide is the fabric?

Jessica:  I don't know.  I'm just going to buy a yard and a half to be safe.  Thanks, bye.

Well, I had way too much fabric.  And Gordon couldn't believe I didn't do any measuring beforehand.  I could have only bought like 20 inches.

But it all worked out.  And it was a fun project that Gordon got to do with me (and he didn't even know he would be helping).

My next project is in the works.  And this time Gordon knows he's going to be helping.  And I'll measure before and bring the instructions with me when I go to buy the supplies.

The corner still needs something...I already have ideas.
They require trips to thrift stores and a lot of luck.

4 comments:

Tami said...

Way cute Jess! They don't look like a DIY project but more of a professional job. So cute!!

Rich'n'Rach said...

Looks good! Wish I was the crafty type - maybe you can teach me :)

LeeAnn said...

They look adorable, i need something new over my kitchen and family room windows, so help me out.

Gary and Bree said...

Way cute jess! Teach me too I'll take your crafty class!