Wednesday, March 24, 2010

24 on the 24th

It’s Gordon’s golden birthday today!

Here are 10 reasons I love Gordon.

1. He makes me laugh. All the time. And I love to laugh.

2. He is trusting. I trust him. No doubts, no second guessing, just whole heart trust.

3. He lives worthy to hold the priesthood and take me to the temple.

4. He is a happy person. I have never heard him say he’s had a bad day. He doesn’t even complain. And if he does (which seriously is rare) he’ll apologize immediately and stop talking about whatever was causing him to complain.

5. He loves me for me. And he tells (and shows) me everyday.

6. He can cook. And it’s dang good. Hello, what’s not to love about that.

7. He is adventurous. And from the stories I hear from his childhood, he always has been. I’m just glad I get to be his side-kick now, instead of a stuffed animal monkey.

8. He is smart. Like I’ve said before, this runs in the family. He will research the heck out of things before he makes a decision. All that research pays off because he seems to know something about everything. He’s my own personal Google.

9. He is willing to do things he doesn’t really enjoy just because I want to. Running in our neighborhood (someone might see him), watching 80’s movies, listening to my kind of music, eating foods without high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils, taking care of two dogs he didn’t want in the first place…there’s more but now I’m beginning to feel a little bad.

10. He is my husband. My eternal companion. The one I share my secrets with. The one I share my doubts with. The one I will begin my family with. The one I turn to when I need anything. The first person I tell when something good, bad, sad, unbelievable happens to me. The person I share my life with. My best friend.

oh how he loves floats...rootbeer, sprite.  so that was his cake.
Happy Birthday Gordon! I love you so much!

2 comments:

Georgi Family said...

Happy Birthday GOrdo! And you are so right about him not ever complaining! I buzzed his head and he still didn't complain! ;)

LeeAnn said...

Happy Happy birthday, we love you so much and your cute little sidekick. Hope you had a great day!