Friday, March 12, 2010

like a kid again

When I was 5 years old a movie came out that changed my life. Disney’s “The Little Mermaid”. This movie paved the path to me becoming a singing sensation…well at least in the Fraga household growing up I thought I was. I performed the hits “Part of Your World”, “Under the Sea”, and “Kiss the Girl” from this movie for my family over and over again. Like a concert. Then when I was 8 years old Disney released another movie, “Aladdin”, of which I would own the soundtrack on cassette tape and sing its hits “A Whole New World”, “A Friend Like Me” and pretty much every other song on that tape. And then my singing career would come to an end at age 10 after the release of Disney’s “The Lion King” because let’s be honest Disney’s movies/music haven’t been the same since then. Yes, I also preformed the hits “Circle of Life”, “I Just Can’t Wait To Be King”, “Hakuna Matata”, and “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”.

For those 5 years my house was like a Broadway theater. And last night all these memories came flooding back to me as I listened to these songs (minus the Aladdin ones) while figure skaters performed at Disney On Ice - Worlds of Fantasy. My friend, Katherine, got 3 tickets for her birthday this month (no, she's not turning 6, but 24) and decided it would be a fun girl’s night. It was! I think we all were 5 years old again.

No comments: