Monday, March 8, 2010

livin' on saltines and gatorade

I was sick this past week. Real sick. Like 103 degree fever (that I couldn’t break), body aches, can’t keep anything inside me sick. For 5 days I was like this. I can’t remember the last time I was sick. Like most people, I hate being sick. You miss out on so much being sick. Yoga, running, favorite tv shows, General Relief Society President of my church speaking to my stake, church, being social…

What I didn’t miss out on, though, was noticing how much my husband cares for me. Early morning grocery store runs, late night grocery store runs, cooked for me (which isn’t any different than any other time), checking up on me several times a day while he was at work to make sure I was getting fluids, eating something, feeling a little better. He took the dogs on their walks alone, took Abbi outside in the middle of the night. He made sure I was as comfortable as I could be, had everything I wanted and needed, and most importantly, he didn’t complain once while I complained with all my whininess. He rubbed my back often and told me he was sorry that I was sick.

Yes, I know I am so blessed. Gordon is the man of my dreams, and then more. I just keep falling more in love with him everyday. He makes me want to be sick again…

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How cute :). Gordon is such a good husband. I'm glad he took good care of you!

Georgi Family said...

Way to go gordon! I wish every man was like you! That is scary though jes! What was it you were sick with??