Monday, February 22, 2010

guess who's fourteen today and much taller than me?


My dear "little" nephew Skyler.

Here are 5 (okay 6) reasons I love Sklyer.

1. He is down right hilarious. He has us laughing to tears at Sunday dinners. He comes up with the best comebacks, phrases, one-liners…he’s a regular comedian (some say it runs in the family...)!

2. He is growing up to be quite the handsome youngman. Flawless olive skin, big brown eyes with eyelashes that make every girl jealous, beautiful smile (with naturally straight teeth), always smells good (which says a lot since most teenage boys are stinky), great style…the list goes on and on.  Awkward stage...what's that?

3. He keeps me young and hip. Don’t know who sings that song? He does. Need to know the latest phrase for ‘cool’? He’ll tell ya. Don’t know how to play any X-Box games but the car ones? He’ll teach ya.

4. He has good manners. I don’t know another fourteen year old that puts his dishes in the dishwasher immediately after he’s done with them, or wipes down the kitchen countertop if he’s made a mess, or keeps his room clean without being asked because he likes that way, or does his chores without whining, says please and thank you to everyone, and is pleasant to be around.

5. He’s not a quitter. When he first started playing football he wasn’t the best on his team. But he practiced hard, even while on vacation, and now, seven years later, he is pretty dang good.  One of the best on his team. And snowboarding…let’s just say he’s only been doing it for a year and he’s way better than me. Jumps and all.

6. He is my favorite (fourteen year old) nephew. We are very close. And the older he gets the more fun we have together. He’s not too cool to hang out with his aunt Jessie and uncle Gordon (yet)…he’ll still have the occasional sleep over too and those are my favorite.


Happy Birthday Skyler! I love you very much. And I can’t believe you’re fourteen!

1 comment:

Georgi Family said...

I think he is cool because he has my same birthday. ;) Hee-hee!