Monday, February 8, 2010

four years later and i’m a snowboarder

With Gordon’s new job he gets many perks. Skiing and snowboarding for free is one of them (no I don’t get to take advantage of this perk; it’s just for him, like just about every other perk is…yes I’m bitter). He has taken full advantage of this perk. He is challenging himself to become a better snowboarder each time he goes. I didn’t think he really needed to be better. He’s my mentor and if he gets better that means I have to get better too.

Well I am. I can carve – continuously.

Four years later (going only two maybe three times a year mind you) and I can officially call myself a snowboarder.

I’ve just got to work on making it look effortless and smooth…and increase my speed. “Point the board straight down the hill” is what I hear Gordon saying to me on the mountain as he passes me by.

I’m working on it.


No comments: