Sunday, November 22, 2009

Our weekend went a little like this:

Saturday:

Baby H’s 1st Birthday Brunch! He loved our gift…so much that he didn’t feel the need to open or pay attention to anyone else’s gift. He has a smile that melts my heart {my heart melted a million times that morning…he smiles at me when I smile at him…priceless}.


Gordon serenaded me with the only song he knows how to play/sing on the piano {lazy lion}

Annual Ward Turkey Shoot:

We DID NOT shoot actual turkeys...
these guys just happened to be on one of the roads we traveled on that afternoon...
coincidence, yes.

This was our 2nd ward activity after being called as chairs of the activities committee. We couldn’t have asked for a prettier place to have the activity.

We were surrounded by mountains.

I love being surrounded by mountains.

I’m glad this activity actually happened {I told everyone to pray for snow…I had such a bad attitude about this activity. The bad attitude was entirely my fault…we waited too long to plan it…again…and it got a little stressful trying to find a place we could shoot safely and legally}.




Girls Night {New Moon}:

Although the movie was just okay, the night was a blast!

Dinner at La Ferrovia {best Italian food} and great conversation with lots of laughs.

We really need to do this more often.


(left to right) My mom, sister, me, cousin Kim, Aunt Lyda, cousin Missy

{this one's for you Kim}

Sunday:

Friend Family Dinner:


I have only cooked a Sunday dinner once. We usually do the every other Sunday thing rotating between my side of the family and then Gordon’s {which equals me not having to cook}. We also always do the family thing. This Sunday was different, and a nice change.

My very good friend Keri is in town for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Because her schedule is crazy {everyone wants to spend time with her} we decided to have a friend family dinner on Sunday. We all pitched in to make a Sunday dinner. Katherine made the main dish {very delicious soup}, Shelli brought the soup bread bowls, and I made dessert.

I have mentioned this time and time again, but I do not cook, nor do I bake. But because this was a special Sunday dinner {one which I had to contribute something, knowing that Katherine makes everything from scratch} I baked.


I baked cupcakes.

From scratch.

Pumpkin cupcakes + spiced cream cheese frosting {recipe here}.

Delicious…yes!

I’ll make them again {even if they were a bit more involved than the chocolate chip cookies I make from scratch}.

Baking has opened up a whole new world for me. One filled with lots of cupcakes. They are so cute and fun to eat. And the variety…endless.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun weekend! I'm glad the ward activity went well! I'm sad we didn't go. The view in those pictures is goergous! I heard that the ward Christmas party is going to be on Dec 16th, which is Justy and mines anniversary so I kinda don't think we'll be to that one either :(. Too bad! Hopefully the next one after that :)!... Looks like you had a fun GNO. I still haven't seen New Moon, hopefully soon! Where is that restaurant you went to? I love Italian food and would like to try it sometime :)... We also always do the every other week family dinner thing too but this week we had dinner at home! Which is only like the 2nd or 3rd time we've done that since we've been married (in the last 5 years, crazy!). Sounds like you had a fun dinner with friends and those cupcakes look yummy! Wow, sorry this comment is getting long. I'll be done. I loved your post though!

Kim Felt said...

My girls LOVED the chipmunk picture! I was hoping you would post it. :) I told brandon I ate at the best italian restraunt EVER! I loved it. It was fun...We will do it again in what...june? Eclipse. :)