Sunday, November 1, 2009

It’s becoming one of my favorite holidays

Maybe it’s because this year a dream came true for one 23 year old…

Gordon got to dress up like his childhood hero, Indiana Jones. And I was able to dress up like his side kick, Short Round aka Shorty.

We got to wear our costumes three different times. Our first time was for the Fraga family Halloween party. The Fraga side really gets all in to Halloween. We have the best decorations and fun games to play. Almost everyone dresses up...it's a great time.

My cousin Damien as Raggedy Ann

My Dad & step mom (Brenda) as a bottle opener and beer bottle
(I guess we can say it's creative...or trashy, I'll admit that)

Our next dress up time was our ward Halloween party. It was our first time being in charge of a ward activity since we were given our new calling. Sorry no pics from that night. It was pretty fun though. Yummy food, a Halloween runway & costume contest, and games. Good job us!

Of course we had to dress up on Halloween. Our good friends, the Purser's, had their annual Halloween party at the mortuary. Spooky! A tour of the mausoleum was the scariest part of the evening. Additions were made, although not necessary because it's scary without any additions, such as scary music which sounded just like people moaning to get out of their caskets, and no lights! My mind got the best of me and I thought I saw people where there weren't any.

We played pictionary, had a donut eating contest, and of course we played 4 men on a couch (a Purser original).

Marc really got into the donut eating contest



Go Indie, oh I mean, go Gordon!

Guests at the party

Shelli (pirate), me (Shorty), Katherine (Raid), Jovie (bug/bumble bee)

Love their costumes...Katherine (Raid, as in the bug killer), Marc (giant purple fly swatter, bug killer), Jovie (bug/bumble bee)...are they trying to tell us something?
Us again
Oh and I got a little creative this Halloween, with the help of good ol' Martha Stewart, and painted and bowed these pumpkins. They served two purposes: table decoration and porch decoration. Genius Martha!

No comments: