Monday, November 16, 2009

And he continues to amaze me...

The man I married is one of a kind. He’s smart, creative, hilarious, humble, talented, adventurous, incredibly good looking…I could go on and on. But most importantly, he knows what he believes.

This Sunday we had the opportunity to speak in sacrament. As usual I was a nervous wreck as we prepared and he was calm and collected {although there was the one time when he wigged out and had a small melt down – he thought the direction I was going in my talk was better than his – which was the first I had ever experienced with him…I had to play the calm one for once. But the roles reversed back real quickly}. As we waited for our turn to speak {we were the last speakers…complete torture, I know} I kept looking at him and whispering to him how I thought I was going to faint while I was giving my talk. He just gave me that smile which lets me know he has so much confidence in me and I didn’t need to worry. Once I was finished, I sat down and breathed a deep sigh of relief. My relief only lasted a moment…as Gordon began his talk he realized he didn’t have his notes! He began to say how he knew I was much more prepared than him, especially since he had left his talk in his truck. It was then when I went into “wife/mom” panic mode. I wanted to do something for him. I thought about going and grabbing his keys from him, running out and getting his talk, but shortly after he said those “I forgot my talk” words I realized I didn’t need to {although he did reach in his pocket and jingle his keys…maybe wanting to take off…I know I sure would have}. He composed himself and gave an outstanding talk {much better than mine too might I add}. I felt the Spirit so strongly.

The man I married is beyond amazing. I admire his courage. I’d admire the faith he has in himself. What a great example he is to me. I’m the luckiest girl in the world.

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Thanks for sharing that story. You two are great kids. Sorry I had to miss the talks, but it was my first RS lesson in the new ward. I'm glad all went well, I'll need to hear more when you come over.