Thursday, August 28, 2008

They Call It "Staff Training"

Apparently the career world is full of meetings, well at least my career world has been for the last two weeks now and it doesn't seem to be changing in the near future, just getting worse with the addition of three conferences! So when I found out that we were having the annual "Staff Training" today I thought 'oh just another meeting.' If a catered BBQ, awards ceremony, and bowling are a staff training meetings that I could go to meetings for the rest of my life! Today I got paid to eat a very yummy lunch, watch my co-workers get some awards and prizes, then go play a couple of rounds of bowling all for 'staff training'. And I thought I lost all of my perks when I left the clinic! The first thing Gordon said was "Welcome to working for the government!" True that! And I am loving it!

I also have computer access now and have completed a flyer and brochure for the community. I'm pretty excited to have my little creations handed out all over the county. I just hope all my hard work will pay off with some great volunteers!

4 comments:

Laura y Adam said...

Wow...sounds like you are having a great time! I'm so happy for you Jess!

Tami said...

I don't know if you're a fan of The Office, but if you are, it sort of sounds like the Dundee Awards... Haha! Sounds kind of busy!

Georgi Family said...

I freaking love the office! (to comment above) Hey, if you need any volunteers I would love to help ya out. Great job jess. Keep it up.

Kim Felt said...

It always helps when you like your job. Sounds like you have a good one!