Saturday, August 9, 2008

There's Something Missing

All day today I have felt like I am missing something. From the moment I woke up I've felt incomplete. I went through my daily routine in my head today as I was driving to my friend's baby shower making sure I remembered to do everything: I brushed my teeth and I was wearing a bra (those are the main things I check to make sure I have done and am wearing. I've forgotten both of those are different occasions).

Then it hit me. I'm missing my husband.

Gordon has only been gone for one night and I already miss him terribly. We have been apart for much longer before, but I miss him. He's the part of my routine that I'm missing. It's no wonder I feel incomplete. My life seems out of balance when we're not together. It would be a bit easier if I could talk to him, but he's backpacking and I'm pretty sure he doesn't get phone service in Wind Rivers. He is not expected to be back until Thursday or Friday of next week. One night down, and five or six more nights to go. BOO!

2 comments:

Georgi Family said...

Oh man, I have been there. The first couple of times that the hubby is gone is soooooo hard. I am a little more adjusted though. Now when he leaves I just spend all of his money!!! 8) You can totally come and hang out at our town house any time. Seriously!!

Kim Felt said...

Just wait, when you have kids, you will miss him for a totally different reason. Get home to help me with these kids!!!!