Thursday, August 14, 2008

Firsts and Lasts

I have experienced some firsts and lasts in my life this week. Lets start with the firsts. Since it was my last week at work, one of my coworkers, Hilda, made me this Mexican candy called mangoneada topped with chamoy sauce. It’s pretty much just smashed mangoes that you freeze like a popsicle and then put the chamoy sauce which is NOT a sweet sauce, it’s more of a salty chili powder sauce over the top (it looks like tigers blood, but boy was I wrong). I really liked it. There were only a handful of us that liked it. It was so nice of her to go through all the trouble to make it for me. She had made it previously and I wasn’t there when she brought it so she made it up to me by bringing as a going away treat.


The Latino girls at work (put me next to a bunch of Mexicans and I look Mexican, NOT Asian!)






Another first I experienced this week was pulling weeds. I have never pulled weeds before in my life. Never had a reason to. But my grandma’s yard was looking pretty raggedy so my mom saw a good service opportunity and I jumped on the chance to help. I must say, I’m a pretty good weed puller. It gave me some practice for when I have my own yard I have to weed. The before and after was like night and day! And my grandma was so happy to have such a beautiful yard to gaze at again. And to have someone to visit with for a couple of hours.




(Before)

(After)
I promised I weeded, I was just spraying some anti-weed spray to finish it off.




Now for the lasts. I attended my last inservice meeting at my work. I checked in my last patient and answered my last patient phone call. I worked my last day at the clinic. I also had my last day to work with all my coworkers that are like family to me. It was a very exciting and rough day. They surprised me with a 'Good Luck' cake and a card that was signed by everyone (I also had my last drup rep lunch and he bought me a cake too). I'm truly going to miss each and every one of them. I’m glad I have the opportunity to move on and establish a name for myself in the career world, but I sure am going to miss my friends at the clinic.



4 comments:

Lindsey said...

OH that's so exciting! I am so happy for you! If you ever hear of any jobs for me, let me know k! Cause you know how bad I HATE my job, but I know it would be sad to leave some of my friends there :(. Good luck tomorrow with the job!

Laura y Adam said...

Hola chica!! Hey We miss you here at DFP. your mom has been telling us how amazing your job is. I hope you are loving it!!! P.S. thanks for the little card. Take care.

Tami said...

Hey Jessica, I bet that was hard leaving a place you loved and people you loved. I know how that feels! Good luck with the next chapter of your life. I bet you will love what is to come!

Bryce and Sally said...

Hi Jess!!! I hope you're enjoying your new job! It's nice to work with people that you like and hard to leave them too. If you visit my blog you'll see a little surprise!! Our little guy came last Wednesday morning (very early)!! Hope to see you guys soon.

Sally