Thursday, July 10, 2008

No fireworks for the 4th of July?!

I love fireworks. Ever since Gordon and I have known each other (which is over 3 1/2 years now...WOW!) we have made it a point to see pretty much every firework show in the Wasatch front each year. So this year when we decided to go camping over the Fourth in the Uintahs with my family it meant no fireworks. None the less it was still a wonderful Fourth of July. We played all weekend up there riding four wheelers, going on a bike ride, and taking a hike. We hung out with my step-dad's family and had a big dutch oven dinner one night (in a past post I have talked about how much I love dutch oven cooking). We even took our dogs for their first camping trip! They loved it...well Abbi had to get use to the out doors but once she got over herself she enjoyed it. Briggs was in heaven. He must have worked too hard on our hike because the next day he was sore. He wouldn't even stretch! So we gave him some Ibuprofen and in a half hour he was back to being himself again.






My niece, Jade, came up too. It was nice to be able to spend time with her too. I have missed out on a lot of her life but it's nice to get to know her, and spend some girl time with her. Gordon taught her how to ride the four wheeler, basically just how to steer it herself.


My nephew was there too. He's so much fun! We're very close, so close he feels like my little brother and not my nephew. Him and Gordon hung out a lot too. They went on rides together, and fishing. Skyler even caught a fish! Gordon did not have as much luck. Either way, they both had a lot of fun fishing and getting mosquito bites (the mosquitoes were horrible up there! We never went anywhere without bug spray!).



Although my mom had her trailer up there, we decided to tent it. Our camping spot had a river outside it so we slept amazing hearing the river sounds. It was very cold at night, but we enjoyed it. It's been so hot lately! It was a nice change to shiver at night.

It was nice to come back home. We did have the trailer amenities, but we all couldn't wait to get in the shower! Uintah camping is dirty camping...dust flies everywhere. But it was a lot of fun and nice to get away for a few days.

No comments: